The objective of the Psychology Career is to train professionals capable of diagnosing, evaluating and providing solutions to the mental and emotional needs of individuals.
During the course, which can last between three and four years, students are trained to understand human behavior within the stages of development and the mental processes that shape people’s behavior.
They are also taught to guide and assess attitudes that could affect the development of individuals and to analyze attitudes and behaviors in general, in order to give a diagnosis for an adaptation at a social, educational and organizational level.
What subjects does the career of Psychology have?
Within its curricular mesh, you will be able to find more general subjects in the first years and more specific of some branches in the last. Here are some of them:
- Evolutionary Psychology
- Critical History of Psychology
- Motivation and emotion
- Human sexuality
- Higher brain functions
- Contemporary theories of personality
- Psychology and Pedagogy
- Educational Guidance and Counseling
- Child psychotherapy
- Clinical Psychology
- Psychosomatic Diseases
- Community Development
- Experimental Analysis of Behavior
What are the branches of Psychology?
Once you finish your degree, you can choose to follow any of the specializations that Psychology has. The branches of Psychology that you can study are:
- General Psychology
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Psychobiology and Neurosciences
- Educational Psychology
- Psychological Intervention
- Child Psychology
- Evaluation of Psychological Profiles
- Social Psychology
- Labor Psychology
- Psychosocial and Cultural Processes
- Organizational Psychology
- Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences
- Sports Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
What Does a Psychologist Do?
- Gather information about patients through interviews, medical history, and observation techniques.
- Guide patients in analyzing their behavior so that they can develop resources and techniques that allow them to control them.
- Build objective and accurate diagnoses.
- Propose possible treatments and theories for the understanding of the acts.
- Being a mediator of interpersonal relationships, especially in therapies that are developed in a group way.
- Discuss the progress of treatment and your problems with patients.
- Evaluate the results of treatment and therapy sessions.
- Provide advisory and guidance services to companies, educational programs and centers, social assistance agencies and the general public.
The Bachelor of Psychology is very exciting and brings many benefits for both the professional and their patients. In addition, the labor field is very broad since it has several branches. After getting to know about the Bachelor of Psychology and you feel that this is not quite what you want but love meeting people, you can opt for a diploma in tourism management in Malaysia at Widad University. If you have any doubts about the degree or about the institutions that dictate it, it is recommended that you enter Widad University official site and make all the queries you need.